When people hear that you can make $ with a niche site, they assume it’s only for people who already work with and understand the internet and web development. This isn’t true! I’ve recently been asked by a couple people – what is possible if I actually put effort into this?
The first thing that comes to mind when asked that are a couple specific examples of interviews that really inspired or motivated me in some way. People who did not start out online – and often had very lucrative careers offline.
Here are the examples. Most are from Niche Pursuits which I’ve followed for a long time, and actually interned for once, before dropping out early to start my agency 😛 (sorry, Spencer!)
- Claire Smith, a DENTIST who quit her job due to Niche Sites. After hearing this podcast I incorporated many of her tactics into my gameplan and personally call those the “Claire Smith Methods.”
HOW CLAIRE SMITH MAKES OVER 5 FIGURES A MONTH WITH NICHE SITES AND NO LINK BUILDING
- Dave Fox, my personal Facebook friend who is able to dabble in his passion, MUSIC, because of the income his niche sites bring in (we were FB friends before the podcast :P)
HOW DAVE FOX BUILT HIS $5,000 PER MONTH NICHE SITE BUSINESS
- Nick Hashe, an Australian MINING ENGINEER (!!! can you say $$$) who, like Claire Smith, quit his high paying job due to niche sites – and he did it in just over 1 year.
NICHE SITE BEGINNER TO EXPERT – HOW NICK HASCHE BUILT A $10,000 A MONTH SITE PORTFOLIO
- Not a niche site, but Michelle from Making Sense of Cents makes over 6 figures per month from her blog (I love this one because Michelle is also a full time RVer)
Turning Paying Off Student Loans Into a Million Dollar Business
- Al-Amin’s personal account of building a 6 figure website business in a year on Marketever
- Also gonna give a shoutout to Matthew Woodward here because he makes over 5 figures a month with his blog and also helped me back and forth in email at one point while I was struggling about what to do when my previous job was making it impossible to work on my own projects 😛
When it comes down to it, most people who are successful online don’t talk about it. They just keep doing the thing that they’re successful at. So we’re lucky to have people who find them and interview them.
By taking the time to listen to (and read) each of these, you’re going to be filling your brain with belief and you’ll get the wheels turning. No matter what stage you’re at, this is important.